The Ontario Science Center (OSC) has started an innovative marketing campaign for their Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns & Mermaids exhibition.
Unicorn sighting and emergency unicorn hotline?
- 15 second video of a unicorn sighting (see below).
- A phone hotline people can dial in to report unicorn sightings and get more information.
- Story from an eye-witness about the sighting in a traditional news format.
- Common news elements:
- Ontario Science Center logo, contacts, and social media channels.
- Related links, news, and tags and comment functionality.
Nurturing the Buzz
I gave the “emergency unicorn hotline” a call which gives an interactive voice response system asking if you want to report a unicorn sighting or if you would like information about unicorns and the Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns & Mermaids exhibition.
The story, short video, and use of a telephony system together creates a good framework for a viral marketing campaign and there already has been buzz on the Ontario Science Center’s Facebook and Twitter channels.
Unicorn sighting video
Random closing thought
Do unicorns believe in humans?