If you are looking for versatile dish that can be all these things below:
- served hot, cold, or room temperature
- vegetable dish
- used as ingredients in a sandwich, burger, etc.
Check out the eggplant pepper relish recipe at All Recipes.
The recipe is flexible and you can change the amount of ingredients with the same instructions.
A Variation of Ingredients
Here is what I used for a potluck at work:
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 medium sweet yellow peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Even covering of parsley to taste and to add some green colour to the dish.
The main changes from the original recipe are double the eggplants/garlic, though the peppers still form the majority of the relish. Leaving the skins on the vegetables kept the dish colourful as seen in the photo of the Eggplant Pepper Relish above.
- Broil the vegetables until skins are tender.
- Cover them for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
The original recipe provides you details, nutritional information, and ideas on other variations like adding onions.